I am back at school and let me tell you, this semester is going to be wild. I have either work or school every day and along with that, I am the co-president of Cheese Club still and I need to figure out how to manage it all.
In order to get myself through this semester without a panic attack or immense depression, I have a list of things that I plan on sticking to help me going. I wanted to share it because I need to be held accountable when I slip up. I’m starting all this starting February 1st. So, let’s do this! I definitely recommend creating your own because I plan on really challenging myself. I’m finna bloom!
1. Start saying “you’re welcome”. I know that it sounds weird but I was talking to my manager who is in his 40’s or 50’s and he told me how weird it is that us young people say “no problem” instead. It was bizarre because I was so compelled to just say “no problem”. Now I want to just say “you’re welcome” because why the fuck won’t I just say it?
2. I want to continue doing mindful things like going to therapy. I’ve been slacking and I know it’s good for me. I want to do meditations and although I’m taking a yoga class, I want to practice some while I’m out of class. I want to journal. I’m actually good at doing that sometimes because while in class, I just aimlessly write instead of taking notes… SOMETIMES!
3. I want to show my love and gratitude to all of my friends and family. I want to be more expressive with my thoughts and feelings.
4. Here is the pile of big stuff. I want to eat less sugar, have more fruits and veggies. I want to cook more and stop eating out as much. I want to cook healthier foods. I want to go to the gym or start jogging, go to the library and do my homework at the right times, instead of midnight before class. Along with healthy, I typically get allergy shots because my allergies are shit but I stopped going last semester and I’d love to go back so that my allergies are better.
4. I want to get my license. This is a continuous list, not just for the month of February so I can get it done. I want to learn French and Spanish. And… I seriously need to start saving. I’m going to London soon and I’m getting a dog soon and responsibilities cost money!
5. Last but not least, less alcohol! I work on Fridays so I can’t get super drunk. I want to get back to taking birth control. I’m gonna blog about that experience later this week! And I want to do my facials and deep conditioners. I want to always feel pride in how I look when I go out. I want to go out every day looking and feeling good af!
I want to make big changes this year because I feel like the way I’ve been going about things isn’t helping. Laying in bed and choosing to veg out instead of going to the gym. Ignoring healthier and beneficial choices for no reason at all. I want to be better and do better. I want to reach out to people that I want to talk to. I want to be a more open and a healthier person. I’m gonna get there. I know I may slip up but that’s fine too.
If you want to create your own list, I’m so open to it. Please share it with me!!
My recommendation of the week is The Greatest Showman. I am inspired and I’m in love. I’ve been listening to the soundtrack ever since. It’s so fucking good!